This Asian broccoli and edamame salad is the easiest meal you can make if you’re in need of a big bowl of veggies but don’t know how to dress it up so it doesn’t taste, you know, boring? I don’t know about you guys but I am a huge fan of vegetables. However, if you give me a bowl of steamed broccoli with no seasoning, I’m probably not going to eat it. Food should always taste good and today I’m on a mission to help you enjoy more broccoli. This Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce should do the trick!
Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
I would never just choose straight broccoli off a menu. Now don’t get me wrong I love broccoli but only if it’s roasted, stir-fried or sautéed in some kind of saucy goodness. If we must eat our broccoli — and word has it that we must — I’m pretty sure that this salad is the way to go. It is made with the simplest ingredients, including an easy peanut sauce that is guaranteed to turn just about anything it touches into food heaven.
Just chop up your broccoli, steam it, and then toss it with edamame, peanuts, green onions, and a generous drizzle of the simplest vegan peanut sauce you can find. I like to make this sauce with my Vitamix Blender but if you’d rather not deal with making your own you can totally buy a peanut sauce from the store.
Using my blender makes this dressing super simple. The end result is a simple salad that makes the perfect lunch meal or side dish. Or you can even add in some grilled tofu and white rice to turn it into a main dish. It’s pretty easy!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT SAUCE FOR THE SALAD
This peanut butter sauce couldn’t be easier to make. In a small bowl, whisk together
- 1/2 cup peanut butter,
- 2 tablespoons of each rice vinegar,
- lime juice, and
- soy sauce, and/ or liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons of each maple and sesame oil.
- 1 clove of garlic
- And finely grated ginger.
Once combined, add 1/4 cup of water. Blending it in your blender until smooth and creamy. If you like your sauce a little runnier then add a little more water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. It’s really that easy. And if you don’t use sugar than you can substitute for coconut sugar, maple, or even 2 Medjool dates. Whatever feels right for you and your needs.
products I used in this recipe…
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.
Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 SERVINGS 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 8 oz frozen shelled cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 batch peanut sauce (recipe below)
- sesame seeds, for garnish
PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of each rice vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and/ or liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons of each maple and
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- 1 clove of garlic
- And 2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger.
TO MAKE THE BROCCOLI SALAD:
- Stream the in the broccoli florets for 5-8 minutes. Then transfer them into a bowl of cool water, which will immediately stop the cooking process. Drain water and place in a loarge mixing bowl, adding the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Serve immediately, garnished with black sesame seeds if desired.
TO MAKE THE PEANUT SAUCE:
- Combine all ingredients into your blender. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire. Enjoy!
Keywords: BROCCOLI, ASIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, SALAD, EDAMAME, SIDE DISH,
you might also like:
I hope you give this recipe a try and if you do, rate it, take a picture and tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural or pin it for later on Pinterest. I love seeing what you’re cooking up in the kitchen. Stay tuned for more simple plant-powered recipes!