I absolutely love Thai food and have been interested in putting together a raw Pad Thai recipe. I wanted to add a good variety of fibrous veggies, with as many colors as I could find. Raw Rainbow Veggie Pad thai, is great to make ahead of time in large batches for leftovers but also quick enough to make for dinner- it’s deliciously simple.
Raw Rainbow Veggie Pad Thai
I can vouch for this pad Thai recipe—it’s really fresh, unique, and delicious. It took a little while to get the carrots into noodles with my julienne peeler but there is no actual cooking required. Which saves a ton of time. Once you have all your vegetables prepped, you just whip up the peanut dressing and toss all your ingredients together. And you’re done, simple as that!
If your prepping for your week add about one-fourth cup of peanut dressing to the bottom of your mason jar and then layer your veggies shown similar to the picture here.
One of my favorite ingredients in this recipe is zucchini noodles, also known as zoodles (zucchini + noodles). Zucchini is an incredibly versatile vegetable. It also has the ideal texture reminiscent of noodles, they’re flexible and have an “al dente” type of texture to them when eaten raw.
Also note, this dish doesn’t have to be eaten raw if this is a little too adventurous for your tastes, you can lightly steam this dish for two minutes on the stove until warm. I used a julienne peeler for the carrots and a spiralizer for the zucchini. One of my favorite tips for eating a more plant-based diet is to have all the tools necessary to get creative in the kitchen.
Products I used in this recipe…
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.Print
Raw Rainbow Veggie Pad Thai
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan, Gluten-Free
- VEGGIE PAD THAI
- 1 medium zucchini, spiraled
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup organic edamame
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- PAD THAI DRESSING
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter (or try peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Prep vegetables. Add the zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts, and cabbage into one or two large bowls. Toss with hands to combine.
- Then add edamame, hemp seeds, sesame seeds. Mix to combine.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all your ingredients in your high-speed blender, blend until smooth. Hint: The dressing may seem a bit thin at first, but it thickens as it sits.
- Pour on dressing and mix thoroughly. Enjoy at room temperature or slightly warm-up pad thai in a skillet over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- If using for meal prep, layer ingredients are shown in the image above starting with Pad Thai Dressing. Store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- Calories: 438
- Fat: 26.2g
- Carbohydrates: 43.6g
- Fiber: 12.4g
- Protein: 15.2g
You may also enjoy these similar recipes:
I hope you enjoy this Raw Rainbow Pad Thai Recipe. Make it and be sure to tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural. I love seeing what you guys are cooking up in your kitchen :)