Summer is still here and we are regularly getting together with family and friends, of course, food is always incorporated into all our gatherings. Thankful everyone knows us well enough that a bowl full of veggies is greatly appreciated and since the grill is always open, roasted veggies are a must in the summer. So I have to share this recipe with you, Roasted Corn with Cilantro Aioli.
Roasted Corn with Cilantro Aioli
I honestly don’t eat a lot of corn, mostly because it is so hard to find it organically grown. But when you see local corn at the farmer’s market you take all that you can and have a cookout to celebrate. And that’s exactly what we did!
This recipe is super easy, really, I didn’t have to do much. It takes a little while to roast but when you are enjoying good company, time goes by fast, so make sure to put a timer or you might roast it to a crisp. Unless you like it that way then ignore my last statement.
The cilantro aioli is seriously one of my favorites, I know I say that a lot but it’s a BIG inspiration to my many other sauces and dressings. I often use the leftovers as a salad dressing and will make sweet potato fries and use that as my dipping sauce. There are so many other ways to enjoy this cilantro aioli but roasted corn is by far the best. So check out your local farmer’s markets and enjoy the summer season with this recipe!Print
Roasted Corn with Cilantro Aioli
The perfect summer side dish with only 10 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 6–8 large cob corn, unhusked
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic, minced/smashed
- 1 cup water
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Pinch each chili powder, smoked paprika, and ground cumin
- Prep corn by putting in a large bowl and covering with cool water for about 10 minutes to prevent it from burning too much on the grill. Then place on a baking sheet and set aside. Prep any other toppings at this time (cilantro, limes, chili powder, etc.).
- Begin preheating grill. Then add cashews to the blender along with fresh garlic, water, olive oil (to start), lime juice, salt, pepper and spices. Blend until smooth and then add in fresh cilantro. Blend, leaving bits of cilantro still intact.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more water if too thick, salt for flavor balance, cumin for smokiness, garlic for zing or lime juice for acidity. Transfer to a serving dish and set aside.
- To grill corn, place (unhusked) directly on the hot grill for about 7-8 minutes and close the lid. Rotate/flip at the halfway point to ensure even cooking. This begins gently cooking the corn before laying it directly on the grill.
- Once the husk is browned, pull back the husk and place back on the grill. Close the lid but watch closely, rotating until all sides of the corn are deep golden brown.
- To serve, drizzle corn with aioli, lime juice (a must!), chili powder and sprinkle on fresh herbs. Best when fresh.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 21.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35.7g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Protein: 11g
Let me know what you think when you give this recipe a try! Leave a comment and rate it. I love seeing what you all are cooking up in the kitchen, be sure to take a picture and tag me @LiveSimplyNatural on Instagram. Stay tuned for more plant-powered recipes!