[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Baking sweet potatoes are a delicious way to enjoy a fall favorite. One of the most difficult parts of eating a plant-based diet is thinking up creative meal ideas. If it was up to me, I’d eat sweet potatoes baked in small stick shaped finger sticks (also known as sweet potato fries) with avocado oil and salt. Clearly, this isn’t the only way to enjoy sweet potatoes. Luckily, this Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potato With Tahini Dressing is just as good.
Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potato With Tahini Dressing
I love how the sweetness of the sweet potatoes blends perfectly with the chickpea lemony parsley flavor then combined with the sweet tahini dressing, it’s perfection! I personally think the sauce makes the dish. Give it a try, you won’t regret it.
What are your favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes? I’d love to know!
A simple trick we use when making baked sweet potatoes is to chop them in half before putting them in the oven, this will significantly reduce the cooking time and will not effect the taste at all, optional of course but makes life easier.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_gallery interval=”3″ images=”12861,12862,12863,12864,12865″ img_size=”750×1125″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Not only is this meal super delicious, the health benefits of sweet potato are amazing too. It’s a great source of vitamin A, and like carrots, it contains skin-protecting beta-carotene. A medium sized sweet potato has 28% more potassium than a banana. A good source of magnesium, sweet potatoes have the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. Sweet potatoes don’t cause blood sugar spikes as they are naturally sweet-tasting and their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream.
Mediterranean Sweet Potato With Tahini Dressing
Easy baked sweet potatoes topped with a mediterranean chickpea salad. Delicious, fresh, healthy, and naturally plant-based and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegan, Gluten Free, Mediterranean
- Cuisine: Entree
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas or 1.5 cups chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, coriander, smoked (or regular) paprika
- optional: Pinch of sea salt or lemon juice
- TAHINI DRESSING
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (maple syrup or coconut nectar)
- Water or unsweetened almond milk to thin
- optional: Sea salt to taste (I didn’t need any)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with .
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and cut in half length wise. This will speed cooking time. Otherwise leave whole and bake longer (approximately double the time (45 min – 1 hour).
- Rinsed and drained chickpeas, add chopped red bell pepper, onion, parsley and spices. Add salt for savoriness, lemon juice for freshness.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare your sauce by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine, only adding enough water or almond milk to thin so it’s pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Once sweet potatoes are fork tender, roughly 25 minutes – remove from oven.
- For serving, place sweet potatoes on a plate, then top with Mediterranean chickpea salad, sauce and parsley for garnish. Serve & Enjoy.
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 59.5g
- Fiber: 12.9g
- Protein: 11.5g
I hope you enjoy this Mediterranean Sweet Potato Recipe, make it and be sure to tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural. I love seeing what you guys are cooking up in your kitchen :)