Before you say that there’s no way gluten-free vegan yeast rolls can taste just as good if not BETTER than regular ones, I have to tell you that everyone I’ve fed these to agreed that these are in fact amazing, fluffy, and oh so delicious. It took me a couple of tries but I finally got these gluten-free vegan yeast rolls right. I tried making them before but they didn’t meet my family’s ridiculously high standards. They were either dense or extremely dense. Nothing I was proud enough to share with you all. Until now!
Gluten-Free Vegan Yeast Rolls
So I read every tip out there and I’m happy to report that it worked. I got the fluffy texture I deeply desired. My kiddos love them and I’m confident enough that you too will enjoy them. So before the holiday arrives here is the recipe so that you may add it to your menu this Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
I love how this girl gets involved with everything I’m cooking. I couldn’t ask for a better helper and how cute is Eva sitting in the back watching the squirrels? :)Print
Gluten-free Vegan Yeast Rolls
A healthy alternative to yeast rolls, this recipe is light, fluffy, and oh so delicious.
- Prep Time: 75
- Total Time: 95
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mills)
- 1 1/2 tsp zanthan gum
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 4 tbsp sweetener (I used maple syrup)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- In the mixing bowl of your electric mixer, mix together flour, xanthan gum, instant yeast and salt.
- With mixer running on low speed, add in the water, sweetener, melted coconut oil, flax egg, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until all ingredients combined.
- Oil your 9 in pan and use a 2″ scoop or 1/3 measuring cup to scoop dough into 9 mounds in the pan. I place one scoop in the middle, then scoop 8 mounds of dough side by side all the way around the pan.
- Dip your fingertips into warm water and smooth out the tops of the rolls, continuing to wet fingers as needed.
- Cover with a dry towel and let rise in a warm place 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- During the last few minutes that the rolls are rising, preheat oven to 350°F. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Tips: Be sure to add instant yeast to dry ingredients. Dough will come out wet and sticky. Do not add extra flour. Use and ice cream scoop to place on baking pan.
- If using dry active yeast instead of instant yeast add 20- 30 minutes to rise time.
- The flax egg used in this recipe was with whole flax seed, not grounded, either one works great. Ratio is 1 tbsp flax with 3 tbsp of water.
- Serving Size: 9
you might also like:
If you are anything like me then you’ll probably like some of these recipes to use with these gluten-free yeast rolls.
If you tried these gluten-free yeast rolls or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below, take a picture and tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural or pin it for later on Pinterest. I love seeing what you’re cooking up in the kitchen. Stay tuned for more plant-powered recipes!
With the bobs, I’d it regular GF or Cup for Cup kind. If not the cup for cup them can I use the cup for cup and add less xanthum? Thank you.
Here is a link to the GF flour I use: https://amzn.to/2vREELR